dinsdag 19 maart 2013

Little car texture

I originally didn't want to post today but I couldn't resist taking a shot at the texture!

It's very basic but I couldnt think of more detail that was necessary. When I made this texture I was thinking... where would the damage be on this car? Like rusty spots and things like that.

The answer is pretty simple, since I ride the car to work every day, the front of the car gets hit by little stones that get catapulted in the air by cars and trucks in front of me. So I focused the damage on the front. Because this vehicle is only occasionally used the spots have time to start rusting. I could have added more dirt and birds dung... maybe.

A mistake that often gets made is adding damage and scratches to textured object without thinking what might cause the damage in the first place, this usually makes the texture unnecessarily cluttered, random and basically lifeless.

Anyway this is one of the many things I am thinking about when putting work into texturing amongst other stuff that hasn't got anything to do with texturing, like... food...

Done for today!


Geen opmerkingen: